More recently, those times were, when ordering food deliveries and booking tables by phone was available to gourmets in remote interaction with sales outlets and restaurants. However, today, it is not difficult for any user to order food delivery, use social networks to reserve a table or view the menu through the site or a special program. Thus, this segment of the market has suddenly become quite active. And today, it very quickly introduces a variety of technological fixtures. That is why we can be sure which factors have become changed by IT technology in this field, and which ones will change soon.
Because of the pandemic, even those users who were not yet very inclined to order food delivery, already know many couriers personally today. Judging by how fast IT technology is developing, we should be preparing for all these people to get even closer to us. Business is that food delivery services will be able to bring the level of analysis to a qualitatively new level.
For example, users who are allergic to yolk, who in October feed only on pumpkin and differ in slow metabolism, will not always say what they need. After opening the right service for the delivery of food, they will see that the automated system has already added to their basket a little mousse of pumpkin and omelettes without using yolks. Also, nearby, there is a useful link so the user can choose a protein cocktail for weight loss.
As for large services, they are actively implementing IT capabilities to:
- filter companies by the time of processing and delivery of orders;
- divide food into Jewish, vegetarian and vegan;
- prepare ration reports;
- study filtering by DNA features;
- develop nutritional plans using the services of IT specialists in the field of Big Data.
Also, we can study the trends that are emerging in the world today, and then we will notice such factors of today’s world as:
- integration of personalised e-services into health services;
- the development of the services themselves, which develop personalised food systems for all groups of consumers, even for narrow (for example, taking into account chronic diseases);
- improving special platforms that can integrate individual electronic services to provide integrated services.
Robots and the Internet of things
Some users with a sense of humour ask how soon it will be when the refrigerator will start making its own grocery orders. Today, such questions are not perceived as a joke already, as such a feature will surely appear in the next 5-10 years. Today, experts already learn issue of the possibility of creating modular kitchens on which refrigerators use a user-created menu to determine such factors as:
- quantity and type of foodstuffs;
- a period of time for which you have enough food or ingredients;
- the time in which you should place an order, taking into account the estimated delivery time.
Robotics are happening everywhere, too. Moreover, in 2020, regular KFC restaurant visitors could see this, where robots would check the data and then redirect it to tables to order delicious and fresh fried chicken in breadcrumbs.
Today, thanks to IT technology, there are many different apps. For example, it is an EatWise app that helps users to control the frequency of meals and even the intervals between them. That’s why this program is so valuable and unique. 5-7 years ago, there were no appropriate conditions to create this app because people did not have such a need. The average software product of the time is the Klede movie app for movie fans, which there are a lot. As for the number of different useful programs, it also increases regularly. You can see this by visiting the site where you can start download free apk to install the mobile program you like.